zondag 22 september 2013

How to get over someone

I can listen to the songs we liked. I can watch the movies and series we watched together. I can think of him, drive the road that goes to his house. I can repeat what he told me, when I said we'd get through this. "No, we won't, I don't want to, anymore.". It doesn't hurt me at all, even though it's been less than a year since he said those words. Shouldn't I be more upset, considering we spent two years together, seeing eachother almost every day?

But when I think of my break up in 2009, four years ago, and I repeat the words he said, "I'm going to meet a friend in Chile", I'm still devastated. Those words still cut through my heart like a knife through butter. Those words still upset me, and make me sad. I begged him not to go. But he left. My heart was shattered, even though I had only been around him physically for four weeks.

I can not remember the fine details of my 2012 ex. I can't remember the way his voice sounds, or the way he smells. I can't remember our moments together. But I do remember everything about my 2009 ex. Everything. Every single moment we had together. Every word, every touch.

Why is it, that some people are easier to forget, that some break ups are easier to get over? They say time heals all wounds. Maybe it does. But some wounds seem to be deeper than others, and seem to be harder to heal.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten